A Beginner’s Guide to Cannabis Candy
There are many methods in which you can consume cannabis. Many like to smoke flower through pipes, joints, or blunts. Others prefer to vaporize the flower to remove some of the harsher effects of smoking. But what about those who don’t like to burn and inhale the smoke, or simply aren’t able to due to medical reasons? There is another option for consuming marijuana that’s gaining wider popularity, and it’s in the form of edibles.
What are Edibles?
Edibles are cannabis-infused food products containing THC and CBD that you can eat or drink. Many people choose to consume cannabis in edible form as opposed to other forms because it’s much more discreet that way. There’s no smoke, smell, or coughing involved with its consumption. You’re able to get your fix wherever you are by simply taking a bite or a drink of what appears to be normal-looking food. Another reason why people choose to turn to edibles is that the effects last much longer when compared to the effects you receive after smoking.
Edibles can be made with basically any food but are most commonly found in the form of cookies, snacks, candies, teas, and spreads. That’s right–brownies aren’t the only foods that can be infused with cannabis. In this article, we’re going to focus on popular edible candies and chocolates.
What is Cannabis Candy and How Does it Work?
Cannabis candy is just what it sounds like–it’s candy containing cannabis! When the candy is introduced into your system, it enters your body through two ways. First, when the candy begins to dissolve in your mouth, the cannabidiol (CBD) that it contains is absorbed into your bloodstream through the ducts under your tongue in what is called “oral uptake”. When the candy continues to dissolve in your stomach after being swallowed, the candy is digested and absorbed into your bloodstream in what is called “gastrointestinal uptake”. This causes the effects of the cannabis to last longer due to the slower onset time and the more in-depth processing by your body.
You can find a wide variety of cannabis candy options with the most common types being gummies, jellies, and chocolates. We are lucky enough to offer a few of these products on our website and have chosen some of our favorites for you guys, separated by category.
When you think about how traditional edibles are created, the terms “cannabutter” and “cannabis oil” may pop into your head. These substances come about when marijuana’s ingredients are cooked down and infused into butter and oil, and then used in the traditional baking process. But gummies don’t contain oil or butter, so how can they successfully be created?
Gummies are made by combining corn syrup, food coloring, water, sugar, and the flavoring of your choice with dry powdered marijuana. The mix is then heated to 300 degrees to fully melt together into one cohesive substance and poured into molds to harden. After the molds cool, you are left with delicious cannabis infused gummies. Unlike a traditional bag of fruit snack gummies, these are generally taken in doses of one or two at a time.
We offer a few gummy options in our marketplace:
- Make You Funny Gummies – 6-8 gummies and 200mg total THC per pack
- Sinister Sweets Gum Drops – 5 gummies and 200mg total THC per pack
- Terra Sour Gummies – 2 gummies and 150mg total THC per pack
These are a likeliness of the classic Caramels candy and are a great choice for all caramel lovers. Each bag of Caramelts contains seven individually-wrapped 10mg servings that have 5mg of THC and 5mg of CBD. These sweet treats will leave you feeling happy, energetic, uplifted, euphoric, and creative.
Twisted Extracts has come out with Jelly Bombs–lego-shaped jelly candies infused with delicious fruity flavors and packed with the wonderful effects of cannabis. These jellies are great for depression, stress, fatigue, pain, and lack of appetite. Each package contains eight 10mg doses.
Currently, we offer four flavors:
- Mango – A hybrid containing 10mg of THC per serving
- Orange – A hybrid containing 10mg of THC per serving
- Peach – Contains 10mg of CBD per serving
- Pineapple – Contains 10mg of CBD per serving
What would cannabis candy be without chocolate? The health benefits of chocolate have come to light during recent years and proven that the substance may offer more than just tending to a broken heart. Chocolate contains antioxidants that help your cells stay strong, while also improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure. So when you combine the power of chocolate with the power of cannabis, great things can happen.
We know that no two chocolates are alike, so we’re sure to offer many different options to satisfy any chocolate lover’s sweet tooth:
- Mini Chocolate Bars – Containing 40mg per bar, these will leave you feeling happy and euphoric. We offer four different flavors: Coconut Almond, Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond, White Choco Cookie, and Belgain Chocolate Cookie Crumble.
- Peanut Butter Cups – Containing 40mg per piece, these offer a generous amount of all-natural peanut butter surrounded by a Cacao Barry Superior Chocolate. You’ll feel a body-balanced, mentally uplifting effect. We offer both Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups and White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
- Chocolate Skull – Because, why not eat a chocolate bar that’s shaped like a spooky skull? Each white chocolate skull contains 100mg of THC, so we recommend trying out a small piece and seeing how you feel after an hour before indulging in the entire thing.
- Koffee Crisp – Herbivore Edibles gives the classic treat we all know and love a cannabis-infused twist. Each package contains two bars and each bar is packed with 50mg of THC. We recommend that first time users start with half of one bar and wait an hour to see if more is needed.
- Ponder Bar – Herbivore Edibles delivers another cannabis-infused twist on a classic bar–this time with the Wonder Bar. Each package comes with two bars that contain 50mg of THC each. We recommend that first time users start with half of one bar and wait an hour to see if more is needed.
Other Marijuana-Infused Foods
As previously mentioned, you can find edibles in any kind of form. We offer a few other edibles in the form of snacks and spreads that any cannabis advocate can enjoy.
Our Twinkies come in packs of two and are loaded with 100mg of THC. These cream-filled, fluffy cakes are a sweet way to indulge your sweet tooth when you’re having a “treat yourself” moment or just want to celebrate one of life’s greatest junk foods.
Brownies, the most well-known form of edibles, are a great choice if you’re looking to medicate on the go with a bit of dessert. Their light, delicious, and potent consistency will leave you wanting a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with them. Each square contains 125mg of THC, so we recommend having a small piece and waiting an hour before indulging in the entire thing.
Crispy Rice Squares
What if we told you that you could have edibles with breakfast? It’s true. We offer cannabis-infused spreads that make an excellent addition to toast, english muffins, or pretty much any other item that you’d top with a spread. Some of our favorites are infused honey which contains 300mg of THC per jar, and infused peanut butter and hazelnut spreads (a great Nutella alternative) which both offer 500mg of THC per jar.
Where to Begin With Cannabis Candy
Everyone feels the effects of marijuana differently. Some people have naturally higher tolerances while others require a much lower dose to feel the effects of cannabis. Age, body type, gender, metabolism, and health all come into play. When it comes to cannabis candy, it is recommended that you start with a low dose to gauge your tolerance. Someone who may be able to smoke a lot before feeling marijuana’s effects may only need a small dose of edibles to get high, which is why it’s safer to start lower.
If you’re searching for a place to buy marijuana online, look no further. Terra is Canada’s leading online marijuana dispensary that ships directly to you, no matter where you are in the country. We provide fast and discreet shipping on all of our products. Ordering with us is as simple as signing up for an account, placing your order, and submitting payment via e-transfer.
Check out our wide selection of flower, concentrates, edibles, and vape pens. If you’re having trouble deciding or have questions about any of our marijuana products, hit us up and we’d be happy to lend a hand.